ST Releases All-In-One Debugging and Power Monitoring STLINK Tool
STMicroelectronics has released a new tool that will undoubtedly catch the eye of hardware enthusiasts and developers alike. The STLINK-V3PWR is a powerful two-in-one standalone debugger probe and source measurement unit (SMU), specifically designed to optimize power consumption in real time for STM32 applications.
It's been designed to meet multiple developers needs in one box. If you want to optimize the power consumption of their STM32-based designs using the same device you program and debug with, this is going to interest you.
By synchronizing code execution with power consumption, developers can get real-time feedback on the effectiveness of their optimization efforts, making it easier to identify and solve problems quickly.
The STLINK-V3PWR can function as a standalone source measurement unit. This allows developers to supply power to the target application while measuring its current consumption. The product keeps the output voltage constant during fast current transients, which is especially useful when dealing with low to high current fluctuations.
In addition to its SMU capabilities, the STLINK-V3PWR also functions as a standalone debugging and programming probe for STM32 microcontrollers. The product embeds a multi-path bridge interface with an integrated level shifter to adapt to the target application I/Os voltage. This allows developers to quickly and efficiently debug their code and program their devices.
The device is also capable of sinking up to 5V/3A to supply both the probe and the target application and comes with a USB Type-C connector.
The STLINK-V3PWR: The Specs
The full specs of the combi power and debugging tool are impressive and should cover most regular development needs. It seems to cover everything that the other STLINK-V3 tools too, other than the drag-and-drop capabilities of the MINNIE, SET, and MODS.
- 1‑Quadrant source measurement unit with high resolution, and measurement flexibility:
- Programmable voltage source from 1.6 to 3.6 V
- Output current rating 500 mA with over-current protection (OCP) at 550 mA
- Programmable sampling rate from 1 SPS to 100 kSPS
- Dynamic measurement:100 nA to 550 mA current / 160 nW to 1.65 W power measurements50 kHz bandwidth / 1.6 MHz acquisition / 2% accuracyCompatible with EEMBC® ULPMark™ tests
- Auxiliary output voltage source from 1.6 to 3.6 V under up to 2 A (no current measurement, OCP at 2.5 A)
- Debugging of embedded applications:
- JTAG / Serial Wire Debug (SWD):SWD (Serial Wire Debug) and SWV (Serial Wire Viewer) communication support up to 10 MHzJTAG communication support up to 20 MHz
- UART interface on Virtual COM port (VCP) with frequency up to 12 MHz
- Multi-path bridge USB to SPI/I2C/CAN/GPIOs
- Integrated level shifter I/O voltage 1.6 to 3.6V adaptable
- Four bi-color LEDs providing probe state
- Three STDC14 to MIPI10 / STDC14 / MIPI20 flat cables with 1.27 mm pitch connectors
- Four cables (two male/male and two male/female)
- USB Type-C® connector:
- Powered through USB Type-C® (5 V/3 A maximum)
- USB 2.0 high‑speed interface
- Probe firmware update through USB
- Direct support from STM32CubeMonitor-Power software tool
To find out more, and download the info pack about the STLINK-V3PWR, head to its splash page on ST.com. The STLINK-V3PWR is available for $99.09 from Mouser.
Leave your feedback...