About the project
An autonomous 1/10 scale car created for the NXP cup, as an entry of team convex optimization.
Estimated time: 6 months
NXP 2020/2021 Logbook
This year, we will be starting off easy. We invested in the DFRobot Brush kit on mouser.de. The modifications made to the car this year are minimal. We have simply changed the servo and added 6-phase hall effect sensors for more accurate readings of speed.
- Car make : DFRobot
- Size : Wheel base is 17.2cm, car length is 32.5cm, and tire diameter is 64mm
- Motor : 2 brushed motors, no ESC
- Camera : Pixy2
- Halleffect sensor : Custom, simply 6 equidistant magnets around the driving gear and a sensor
- Board : We are using the ARC board (FRDM 64.. sdk). Schematics
- Steering Servo : Power HD LW-25MG
Bill of Material
The Bill of Material is quite basic. Here is the break down:
- DFRobot kit : 139 euros
- PowerHD servo : 34 euros
=====TOTAL====== 173 euros.