The Great PSoC 6 Design Challenge
Previously, we partnered with Cypress (now an Infineon Technologies company) for the Bluetooth 5 IoT Design Contest. The projects submitted blew us away, testament to both our awesome maker community and the excellent hardware offered by Cypress. As such, we're thrilled to once again collaborate with Cypress for the Cypress Design Contest, sponsored by Mouser and Cypress. This time, we’ve got 50 PSoC 6 Dev Kits (multiple choices – see below) to give away!.
How do I take part?
Participating in the PSoC 6 MCU Challenge is pretty easy. First, you’ll need to think of an embedded IoT project to build with the PSoC 6 MCU. This flexible, low-power, and secure MCU was designed from the ground up with embedded IoT developers in mind – from its hardware architecture to the software enablement we have provided so that you have a delightful user experience. This challenge will feature an array of PSoC 6 Development Kits you can choose from (see below) that will enable you to bring your most innovative ideas to life. Each kit comes with support for easy-to-use code examples hosted on GitHub, showing you how to add compelling features to your PSoC 6 project, such as:
- Touch-Sensing: PSoC 6 features the industry-leading capacitive-sensing technology, CapSense® along with support for an easy-to-use configurator software tool
- Graphical Displays: PSoC 6 MCUs can drive graphical displays such as TFT or E-Ink displays (our kits even come with them) along with code examples showing you how
- Wireless Connectivity: PSoC 6 works seamlessly with our renowned Wi-Fi connectivity as well as integrated Bluetooth-Low-Energy (BLE) options so you can easily connect your project to cloud services, a smartphone app, a web dashboard, and more
- Sensor Processing: The PSoC MCU architecture for more than a decade has been known for rich, programmable analog and digital peripherals. These are more flexible than ever in PSoC 6 so you can connect the real and digital world
- Audio and Voice: PSoC 6 provides support for Alexa Voice Service Integration for AWS IoT Core (AIA) enabling intelligent Alexa voice and audio services on resource-constrained PSoC 6 based systems.
Then, submit your project proposal with some of the features listed above! If you're selected, we'll send you a kit. After that, it's time to begin turning your idea into a reality by creating your project and documenting the build right here on Electromaker. Finally, eagerly await the winners to be announced and see if you've won!
How to participate in the Great PSoC 6 Design Challenge:
The stakes are extremely high. Aside from bragging rights, the most important part of the contest, you’ve got the chance to win cash prizes. First prize is $1,000 USD, 2nd prize is $500, and 3rd prize is $500. And you’ve got the chance to get free PSoC 6 Dev Kits, if you’re chosen as a contest participant.
First Prize : $1000
Second Prize : $500
Third Prize : $500