We're thrilled to announce a contest with MyMiniFactory! Recently, we launched our Electromaker Kits offering several choices of maker projects providing an easy, accessible entry point into do-it-yourself (DIY) tech. Commemorating our Electromaker Kits launch, we've teamed up with MyMiniFactory and we're asking community members to customize one of our most popular projects, our DIY Mood Lamp!
What is the Electromaker Kits DIY Mood Lamp?
Our DIY Mood Lamp EM Kit is a 3D printable design consisting of a stem, a shade, base, LED holder, and cover. Aside from the 3D printable components, you'll a DFRobot Adruino Nano inside that's connected to Adafruit NeoPixels. We include everything necessary to build your own Mood Lamp, from the microcontroller and lights to STL files and sample code for changing the lights.
Enter the MyMiniFactory Contest - What You Need to Do
We're calling upon you, maker family, to enter this contest and re-design the mood lamp. You can find the STL files here. There are tons of different interchangable stems and shades, plus since it's 3D printable, you can completely customise the colours. What you'll need to do is provide an overhaul of two crucial elements of the lamp, the stem and shade. The stem stands 166mm high with a bottom diameter of 102mm and a top diameter of 47mm. Its shade clocks in with an inside radius of 42mm, and a maximum height of 130mm. Be as creative as you wish, keeping the design minimalist or getting really kooky.
After your design is approved, post it on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook with the hashtag #ElectromakerKitsCompetition and tag us, MyMiniFactory, and Anycubic.
1st Prize - Anycubic Mega X
Clocking at first prize, we've got the Anycubic Mega X, not to be confused with Mega Man X. The Anycubic Mega X FDM filament printer boasts a modular design with quick, easy assembly. Onboard, there's a beefy extruder and simple leveling with its large leveling knobs. An ultrabase platform provides spectacular adhesion.
- Printing Technology: FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling)
- Layer Resolution: 0.05-0.3 mm
- Positioning Accuracy: X/Y 0.0125mm Z 0.002mm
- Supported Print Materials: PLA, ABS, TPU, HIPS, Wood
- Print Speed: 20~100mm/s(suggested 60mm/s)
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
- Build Size: 300 x 300 x 305mm
- Operational Extruder Temperature: Max 250ºC
- Operational Print Bed Temperature: Max 100ºC
- Printer Dimensions: 500mm x 500mm x553mm
- Input Formats: .STL, .OBJ, .DAE, .AMF
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 8ºC - 40ºC
- Connectivity SD Card, Data cable (expert users only)
- Net Weight: ~14kg
2nd Prize - Photon Zero
As second prize, there's the Anycubic Photon Zero. With 16x anti-aliasing, you'll generate extremely detailed prints. A linear rail adds to its impressive precision. Marks within the resin vat make it easy to gauge how much resin is in the tank, and there's even a user-friendly method of replacing FEP. Plus, there's an updated UV module for increased light uniform distribution.
- Machine: Anycubic Photon Zero
- Technique: LCD-based SLA
- Light Source: 405nm
- XY Res.: 0.1155mm, 854*480p
- Z Axis Res.: 0.01mm
- Layer Res.: 0.01~0.2mm
- Printing Speed: 30mm(H)/hour
- Power: 30W
- Materials: 405nm UV resin
- Machine size: 180mm(L)*195mm(W)*367mm(H)
- Printing Volume: 97mm(L)*54mm(W)*150mm(H)
- Weight: ~4.7kg
3rd Prize - Wash & Cure machine
Finally, third prize consists of the Anycubic wash & cure machine. If you've dabbled in resin printing at all, you'll know that clean up can be a bit messy. The Anycubic Wash & Cure Machine seeks to change that however. An all-in-one curing and washing station, this nifty device features a 356nm/405nm UV light set and while it's engineered for use with Photon series printers, it should retain compatibility with most popular resin printers like the Elegoo Mars Pro. You'll find both curing and washing modes, dead simple touch button operation, and a safety-first design with auto pause and 99.95% UV light blocking.
- Machine: Curing and washing
- Control method: Touch button LED indicator
- Power: 40W
- Input voltage: AC110/220V 50/60Hz
- UV lights: 405nm+365nm
- Curing and washing time: 2min 4min 6min
- Max model size for washing: 115mm(L)*65mm(W)*165mm(H)
- Machine size: 225mm(L)*220mm(W)*378mm(H)
- Max model size for curing: 140mm(D)*165mm(H)
- Weight: ~6kg
Ready, Set, Slice!
Now all that's left is to edit our lamp design, share it with us, and eagerly await the winners list. In the meantime, you can check out our awesome 3D printing content, from printer reviews to tutorials and news!
- Submission deadline: 25 April, 2020