Streamdeck Alternative - Infinitedeck !
About the project
Infinite Deck is a macropad easy to use and with almost unlimited profiles.
Items used in this project
Hand tools and fabrication machines
I always wanted a pretty customizable keyboard, and there are a lot of alternatives lately, but some of them are expensive (like the stream deck, that is around 150USD or the LoupeDeck Live 260USD) and other are cheap macropads that are not easy to customize, like cheap macro keypads that runs QMK using an limited Arduino (you have to program it every time you need new buttons or actions). And some other alternatives require to install special software to run on every PC/MAC you use (Like Touch Portal or Autohotkeys).
So I decided to create an alternative!
- Budget friendly, is less than 50USD.
- NO Soldering, it doesn't need soldering or complex wiring, like other DIY macropads that requires soldering all the buttons, diodes and components.
- ICONS support, as a touchscreen is similar to a streamdeck, you can create your own icons and that way you will know every action of the button. other macropads are just plain buttons and the learning curve is slower to remember what each button does.
- It is Open source, that means that there will be upgrades without the need of buying a new device.
You can follow all the steps in the following video to make your own.
Note: ESP32S2 is out of stock, the new version of the board is ESP32S3 the code is inside the zip file. Just select the ESP32S2 Dev Module on boards when programming
You can find all the files you need in the next link, and please consider to support the project:
- Install Arduino IDE.
- Download the files and extra libraries (esp32 arduino core, Lovyangfx and Makerfabs libraries)
- Install the libraries in the arduino core and on the same folder of the project.
- Compile using the Arduino IDE.
- Program the board.
- Copy the example profiles to test the board.
- It's done!.
- Create your own profiles using Ducky Script and increase your productivity.
Note: not all the instructions of Ducky Script are supported but the code will be upgraded in the future.