Stickc M5stack Change Brightness Of An Led With A Button
About the project
In this project we will learn how to Change the LED Brightness with a Button using a M5StickC ESP32 module. Watch the Video.
Estimated time: 1 hour
Items used in this project
In this project we will learn how to Change the LED Brightness with a Button using a M5StickC ESP32 module.
Watch the Video.
1 / 2
- M5StickC ESP32 module
- Visuino software: Download Visuino here: https://www.visuino.eu
1 / 2
- Connect LED negative pin to StickC pin GND
- Connect LED positive pin to StickC pin G0
1 / 2
Start Visuino as shown in the first picture Click on the "Tools" button on the Arduino component (Picture 1) in Visuino When the dialog appears, select "M5 Stack Stick C" as shown on Picture 2
1 / 9
- Add "Counter" component
- Add "Detect Edge" component
- Add "Integer To Analog" component
- Select "Counter1" and in the properties window: set Max>Value to 10,set Min>Value to 0
- Select "IntegerToAnalog1" and in the properties window set Scale to 0.1
Select "M5 Stack Stick C" board and in the properties window expand Modules>Display ST7735 and: Select Elements and click on the 3 dots button and in the elements
- drag "Draw Text:" to the left and in the properties window set size to 2 and text to "DIM LED"
- drag "Text: Field" to the left and in the properties window set size to 3 and Y to 30
- set Orientation to goRight
1 / 3
- Connect "M5 Stack Stick C" button pin A(M5) to "DetectEdge1" pin In
- Connect "DetectEdge1" pin Out to "Counter1"pin In
- Connect "Counter1" pin Out to "IntegerToAnalog1" pin In and "M5 Stack Stick C" >Text Field1> pin In
- Connect "IntegerToAnalog1" pin Out to "M5 Stack Stick C" to GPIO pin Analog PWM
In Visuino, at the bottom click on the "Build" Tab, make sure the correct port is selected, then click on the "Compile/Build and Upload" button.
If you power the M5StickC module the LED will start to flash and you can change its brightness using a Orange Button M5.
Congratulations! You have completed your project with Visuino. Also attached is the Visuino project, that I created for this tutorial, you can download it and open it in Visuino: https://www.visuino.eu