Home Garden Kit
About the project
A simple solution for Home Garden with Cypress BLE's Mesh Technology.
Estimated time: 2 days
License: GNU General Public License, version 3 or later (GPL3+)
Items used in this project
When someone says IoT , The 1st thought would be "Home Automation" mostly, even for me. We knows BLE mesh going to be better for IoT. After looking at the cypress boards and features , i decided that its good for garden lights and water irrigation, where you need some one to takecare of all , when your out of station.My idea got selected.
I received the BLE kits a month back and made a video of unboxing demo , its here
Slowly getting into the development , started working on basic mesh demo and modifying stuffs according to my application. I had some of my own pcb's for controlling lights and DC motors so i interfaced to BLE Mesh kits. The only thing the debug options for board is not friendly. But still the performance of Modus Toolbox is awesome.
And finally all my applications are works as expected ,
Total 4 boards i have used with below applications :
1. LIGHT control with PIR and Light Sense
2. Irrigation for Plants
3. Door security and control
4. Remote control with CAR Keys.
(1) and (2) are sight forward , I used Ambient sensors and PIR Sensing values to provide intelligent on controlling lights , The light can turn ON/OFF from mesh controller app. PIR mode will be active only if the lights is OFF. Which means if the light is turned ON by PIR sense mode , after a timeout it will go OFF automatically.
(2) I used 12v DC pump which is good to showcase irrigation for small pot plants. with the help of Analog switches i able to control this pump.
(3) To showcase the door access demo, i had to use the setup which uses servo motor to open and close. I created PWM signals and control over through the mesh network.
(4) Just a remote , to control the anyof above applications , the concept is, in future all car keys will have BLE's so once you reached your house near. The Car key will connect to the home mesh network and you can control entry gate, garage doors or mail boxs etc.
In android app side , i could not do much changes due to time limitation and code complexity , I changed colors and some icons.
Important thing is i added internet facility to the mesh app, through that we can send whats-app notification to the our mobile with the help of twilio interface.
So finally i achieved what i thought a month before. The Cypress community members are very supportive and helpful.
The Final working Demo is here!
Leave your feedback...