The world of Raspberry Pi and single-board computers (SBCs) is ever-evolving, with new and innovative products being introduced regularly. One such groundbreaking product is the Milk-V Mars CM, a RISC-V Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 compatible board.
Milk-V has been making waves in the tech community, especially with their recent release of a trio of RISC-V development kits. These kits ranged from a full-on mini ATX form factor development desktop to a Raspberry Pi Pico form factor board. Now, they're back with the Compute Module 4 version, a product that promises to revolutionize the SBC landscape.
We featured the Milk-V Mars CM in this episode of The Electromaker Show
- RISC-V Architecture: The Milk-V Mars CM is built on the RISC-V architecture, ensuring efficient performance and compatibility.
- Drop-in for Compute Module 4: Designed to work seamlessly as a drop-in for the Compute Module 4, it offers a familiar form factor for Raspberry Pi enthusiasts.
- Versatility: The board comes in various versions, featuring different forms of DDR4 RAM (2, 4, 8 gigabytes) and eMMC storage (8, 16, 32 gigabytes).
- Connectivity: Depending on the version, users can opt for Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5 capabilities.
- Affordability: With prices starting at $39 for the 2-gigabyte version, it offers a cost-effective solution for developers and hobbyists.
Why Choose Milk-V Mars CM?
The Milk-V Mars CM stands out due to its compatibility with the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. This means that users familiar with the Raspberry Pi ecosystem can easily transition to this new board without a steep learning curve. Moreover, its RISC-V architecture ensures that it's at the forefront of technological advancements, offering users a cutting-edge experience.
For those interested in purchasing or learning more about the Milk-V Mars CM, you can visit their official website here.
Other Noteworthy Products from Milk-V
Apart from the Mars CM, Milk-V has introduced other intriguing products like the Milk-V Duo, a board available for just $5, and the Vega, a compact 10 gigabit network switch. These products, along with the Mars CM, showcase Milk-V's commitment to innovation and their drive to offer diverse solutions for different needs.
The Milk-V Mars CM is a testament to the rapid advancements in the world of SBCs. Its compatibility with the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4, combined with its powerful features, makes it a must-have for tech enthusiasts.
For a detailed review and insights on the Milk-V Mars CM, check out the comprehensive article by Les Pounder on Tom's Hardware.