We offer free worldwide shipping if you spend over $40
The PowerPal is a high current power supply with a selectable voltage output for your breadboard projects.
It's perfect with the FLiP Multicore Microcontroller, where relying on USB power limits your project to a few hundred mA enough for LEDs and perhaps a sensor or two . The PowerPal opens up your opportunities to control motors, larger displays and multiple sensors.
This product carries the core attributes provided by Parallax: Made in the USA, a reliable quality design, and a consistently available supply you can count on for years ahead. Many of our customers have stumbled around with the imported breadboard power supplies, only to find some of them may not work and are not available for subsequent purchase.
For power input, we suggest a 7.5 V/1.6A or a 12V/2A wall mount power supply for stationary projects. A 4AA or 5 AA battery pack is ideal for portable projects, or when you want to power the breadboard with 5V and power a servo off of VIN.
- Rotary switch for user selectable voltage output choices: 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 7.5 V
- VIN access header pins for powering a servo or other device separately
- 3 Amp continuous load switching power supply with 4 Amp peak surge rating is ideal for servo motors
- Barrel Jack or 0.1 inch pitch headers for 5 16 VDC input
- Through hole pads for optional On/Off switch leads
- Green power status LED
- Over current and over voltage protection
- Over temperature and short circuit protection
- Dimensions - 39 mm x 24 mm
- Input Voltage - 5 V to 16 V
- Output Current - 3 A
- Output Voltage - 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 7.5 V
- Product - Evaluation Boards
- Type - Power Supplies
- Brand - Parallax
- Manufacturer - Parallax
- Maximum Operating Temperature - + 85 C
- Minimum Operating Temperature - - 25 C
- Product Type - Power Management IC Development Tools
- Standard Pack Qty - 5
- Subcategory - Development Tools