2 Ways To Play Streamingvideo From Openncc We
About the project
Either using OpenNCC ipc_viewer or VLC Player.
Estimated time: 1 hour
In our previous blog OpenNCC WE: A POE and WIFI enabled Edge AI IOT camera to sense the world we introduced an OpenNCC based IP Camera which provides WiFi connection and PoE(Power over Ethernet)
Many friends have interests in this product and wonder whether it is complex to play with it. Not at all. It is very easy to get video streaming from OpenNCC WE and play it on your client software players.
Today I am going to introduce and demonstrate two ways to play live video streaming from OpenNCC We. One is by our official open-source client software OpenNCC ipc_viewer, and another is by the most powerful open-source player VLC.
Easy right? Below is detailed operation instructions:
1. Material&source preparation
- One OpenNCC WE Camera
- One PC with Ubuntu installed
- Power 12V
2. Preparing operation tools
- Clone OpenNCC WE’s operation tools from
- Enter ipc_viewer_IV1.0.0, then start the program
If you want to get operation instructions for ipc_viewer, please refer to “IPC user manual.docx”, you can download it from the link: https://gitee.com/eyecloud/openncc_ipc/tree/master/doc
3. Boot device
- Power on and start the device
- Search the WiFi named "OpenNCC_ipc" on the PC (It takes about 30 seconds after the device booted, the wifi can be scanned)
- Connect to the WiFi "OpenNCC_ipc"
4. Live streaming
- Click “Scan devices” on ipc_viewer, the device will be scanned
- Click “Play” the program will play automatically, after about five seconds.
You can also use the VLC player to live streaming video. (Please make sure you have installed the VLC player on your computer.)
- Keep the PC connected to the WiFi "OpenNCC_ipc"
- Click “Scan Devices” on ipc_viewer to get the device's IP
- Open VLC player, set network streaming, Media - Open network streaming
- Enter the RTSP information into the URL bar and click Play to stream it.
That's all. Then you will have the video streaming from OpenNCC.
SKU demoed in for this Blog: OpenNCC We
To learn more features about OpenNCC WE