We offer free worldwide shipping if you spend over $40
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, 4gb,
The Raspberry Pi 4 is the flagship Raspberry Pi. Powered by a Broadcom BCM2711 and an ARM Cortex A72, it’s powerful yet reasonably priced. And the 4GB RAM variant is incredibly versatile. The Raspberry Pi 4 4GB is just as comfortable as a Linux desktop, retro gaming arcade, or home theatre PC as it is running a robotics project, powering a home server, or being used as a smart home automation hub.
With its large community and a vast amount of resources, getting started with the Raspberry Pi 4 is simple regardless of your maker skill level. The Raspberry Pi is arguably the most popular maker board on the market, and the 4GB Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is a fantastic choice for a variety of uses.
- A 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 CPU (~3× performance)
- 4GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM
- Full-throughput Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual-band 802.11ac wireless networking
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports
- Dual monitor support, at resolutions up to 4K
- VideoCore VI graphics, supporting OpenGL ES 3.x
- 4Kp60 hardware decode of HEVC video
- Complete compatibility with earlier Raspberry Pi products
At first glance, the Raspberry Pi 4 board looks very similar to our previous $35 products, all the way back to 2014’s Raspberry Pi 1B+. James worked hard to keep it this way, but for the first time he has made a small number of essential tweaks to the form factor to accommodate new features.
We’ve moved from USB micro-B to USB-C for our power connector. This supports an extra 500mA of current, ensuring we have a full 1.2A for downstream USB devices, even under heavy CPU load.
To accommodate dual display output within the existing board footprint, we’ve replaced the type-A (full-size) HDMI connector with a pair of type-D (micro) HDMI connectors.
Ethernet and USB
Our Gigabit Ethernet magjack has moved to the top right of the board, from the bottom right, greatly simplifying PCB routing. The 4-pin Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) connector remains in the same location, so Raspberry Pi 4 remains compatible with the PoE HAT.
The Ethernet controller on the main SoC is connected to an external Broadcom PHY over a dedicated RGMII link, providing full throughput. USB is provided via an external VLI controller, connected over a single PCI Express Gen 2 lane, and providing a total of 4Gbps of bandwidth, shared between the four ports.
All three connectors on the right-hand side of the board overhang the edge by an additional millimetre, with the aim of simplifying case design. In all other respects, the connector and mounting hole layout remain the same, ensuring compatibility with existing HATs and other accessories.
- Dimensions - 85 mm x 56 mm
- Frequency - 1.5 GHz
- Memory Type - LPDDR4-2400
- Processor Type - BCM2711
- Series - Raspberry Pi 4
- Brand - Raspberry Pi
- Interface Type - Ethernet, USB
- Core - ARM Cortex A72
- Installed RAM - 4 GB
- Manufacturer - Raspberry Pi
- Maximum Operating Temperature - + 50 C
- Minimum Operating Temperature - 0 C
- Number of Cores - 4 Core
- Operating Supply Voltage - 5 V
- Processor Brand - Broadcom
- Processor Series - BCM2711
- Product Type - Single Board Computers
- Standard Pack Qty - 150
- Subcategory - Computing