All orders receive a free swag bag worth $20!
The Dev Board is a single-board computer that's ideal when you need to perform fast machine learning (ML) inferencing in a small form factor. You can use the Dev Board to prototype your embedded system and then scale to production using the on-board Coral System-on-Module (SoM) combined with your custom PCB hardware.
The SoM provides a fully-integrated system, including NXP's iMX 8M system-on-chip (SoC), eMMC memory, LPDDR4 RAM, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, but its unique power comes from Google's Edge TPU coprocessor. The Edge TPU is a small ASIC designed by Google that provides high performance ML inferencing with a low power cost. For example, it can execute state-of-the-art mobile vision models such as MobileNet v2 at almost 400 FPS, in a power efficient manner.
The baseboard provides all the peripheral connections you need to prototype a project, including USB 2.0/3.0 ports, DSI display interface, CSI-2 camera interface, Ethernet port, speaker terminals, and a 40-pin I/O header.
Key benefits of the Dev Board:
- High-speed and low-power ML inferencing (4 TOPS @ 2 W)
- A complete Linux system (running Mendel, a Debian derivative)
- Prototyping and evaluation board for the small Coral SoM (40 x 48 mm)
Performs high-speed ML inferencing
The on-board Edge TPU coprocessor is capable of performing 4 trillion operations (tera-operations) per second (TOPS), using 0.5 watts for each TOPS (2 TOPS per watt). For example, it can execute state-of-the-art mobile vision models such as MobileNet v2 at almost 400 FPS, in a power efficient manner. See more performance benchmarks.
Provides a complete system
A single-board computer with SoC + ML + wireless connectivity, all on the board running a derivative of Debian Linux we call Mendel, so you can run your favorite Linux tools with this board.
Supports TensorFlow Lite
No need to build models from the ground up. TensorFlow Lite models can be compiled to run on the Edge TPU.
Supports AutoML Vision Edge
Easily build and deploy fast, high-accuracy custom image classification models to your device with AutoML Vision Edge.
Scale from prototype to production
Considers your manufacturing needs. The SoM can be removed from the baseboard, ordered in bulk, and integrated into your hardware.
- Edge TPU System-on-Module (SoM)
- NXP i.MX 8M SoC (Quad-core Arm Cortex-A53, plus Cortex-M4F)
- Google Edge TPU ML accelerator coprocessor
- Cryptographic coprocessor
- Wi-Fi 2x2 MIMO (802.11b/g/n/ac 2.4/5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- 8 GB eMMC
- 1 or 4 GB LPDDR4
- USB connections
- USB Type-C power port (5 V DC)
- USB 3.0 Type-C OTG port
- USB 3.0 Type-A host port
- USB 2.0 Micro-B serial console port
- Audio connections
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA compliant)
- Digital PDM microphone (x2)
- 2.54 mm 4-pin terminal for stereo speakers
- Video connections
- HDMI 2.0a (full size)
- 39-pin FFC connector for MIPI DSI display (4-lane)
- 24-pin FFC connector for MIPI CSI-2 camera (4-lane)
- MicroSD card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- 40-pin GPIO expansion header
- Supports Mendel Linux (derivative of Debian)
- Product - Development Boards
- Brand - Adafruit
- Core - ARM Cortex A53, ARM Cortex M4F
- Manufacturer - Adafruit
- Product Type - Development Boards & Kits - ARM
- Standard Pack Qty - 1
- Subcategory - Development Tools
- Tool Is For Evaluation Of - i.MX 8M