We offer free worldwide shipping if you spend over $40
Cyber:bot Robot Kit
The cyber:bot robot adds a tangible hardware dimension to Python-focused computer science, CTE and cybersecurity programs. The cyber:bot robot puts the BBC micro:bit module on the Parallax small robot form factor that's a proven STEM success in classrooms from middle school into college, leveraging the add-ons available for this chassis. A user-transparent onboard Propeller Multicore Microcontroller assists the micro:bit, handling the real-time servo motor control and sensors built on the breadboard. This enables more robust robotic applications that go beyond what the micro:bit can do on its own.
The cyber:bot robot is a joint project of Parallax Inc. and CYBER.ORG, the academic initiative of the Cyber Innovation Center.
- Python-programmable with Mu software or online MicroPython editor
- cyber:bot board neatly connects the micro:bit to the Propeller Multicore Microcontroller and robot hardware
- Propeller multicore microcontroller pre-programmed with cyber:bot firmware manages sensors and servo motor control
- Build DIY sensor circuits on the breadboard that use touch, visible light, and infrared light
- Compatible with Parallax small robot add-ons including the Ping))) Ultrasonic Sensor, Ping))) Laser Sensor, QTI Line Follower Kit, and Crawler Kit
- Free online tutorials and educator resources - see the cyber:bot Tutorial Series
- Note: The initial Spring launch of cyber:bot includes software setup, micro:bit programming, assembly instructions, and basic navigation. Additional tutorials with circuit-building for all of the kit’s sensors will be published periodically, with a full 40-hour set of classroom tutorials available for the Fall 2019 semester.
Requires 5 AA 1.5 V alkaline batteries or 5 1.2 V nickel-metal hydride rechargeable batteries, not included. Assembly required, no soldering necessary.
- Product - Robotics
- Brand - Parallax
- Manufacturer - Parallax
- Product Type - Development Boards & Kits - Other Processors
- Standard Pack Qty - 1
- Subcategory - Development Tools
- Tool Is For Evaluation Of - Cyber:bot Robot