You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at the time of entry:
- You are a hobbyist or professional in the field of technology development and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this challenge.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this contest; and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of an employee of any of the following companies: Electromaker, Mouser, Microchip or Crowd Supply.
- Projects cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest.
- Project owners must be granted permission and / or obtained licences for any submitted materials.
To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
- You must create a free Electromaker account and register as a participant for this contest.
- Your original idea must be submitted via the idea form.
- Projects should be submitted in the English language.
- The Microchip Giant Board must be used as the platform for your project.
- Projects must be the work of the submitting individual (i.e. no plagiarism).
- Submissions must be entered by the deadline outlined in the content brief.
- Participants agree their project details may be shared and promoted for the purposes of marketing by the competition organisers.
Prizes and giveaways
- The competition organisers will make available a maximum of 50 Microchip Giant boards to successful applicants.
- One development boards per completed application.
- Once the 50 boards have been given away, no further boards will be offered.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- The following prizes are being offered:
- First Prize: $1,250 Cash
- Second Prize: $500 Cash
- Third Prize: $250 Cash
February 3rd 2020 : Project ideas submission form open
March 3rd 2020: Project ideas submission form closed
March 5th 2020: Giantboard shipped to successful applicants
July 7th 2020: Project writeup submission deadline
July 14th 2020: Announce contest winners