The Camera on the Vision Kit is not Working

The Camera on the Vision Kit is not Working

Post »

Hi Electromaker team! It's me again! I hope you are all doing great:)

We have a problem with the Vision Kit being sent to us. The camera on my team's vision kit is actually not working. When we tried to boot the vision kit, instead of the correct sound of beep, the button always flashed red light for 1s and then nothing happened afterwards. We tried with another Google vision kit, replacing the hardwares piece by piece to test, and then we found out it's actually the camera which is not working. We were assembling the kit very carefully all the time, so we think the piece might just come with the defect. We just wonder if we could get a replacement part of the camera from the Vision Kit. And if you need us to ship our camera to you, I can do so as well. Thank you very much for your help!

Re: The Camera on the Vision Kit is not Working

Post »

I'm really sorry about this situation, but there is nothing I can do. We don't have any more kits or spare parts that we can send you.
I hope you can find some way of completing your project. 

Post »

I have exactly the same issue!

I contacted Google AIY team, they confirmed it's a hardware issue with my camera, but they also can't do anything!  :(

Post »

Mine wasn't working either. I ordered a new camera from Amazon and it worked with this one:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07VRJKYYB/

Post »

elaineakemi wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:55 pm
I have exactly the same issue!

I contacted Google AIY team, they confirmed it's a hardware issue with my camera, but they also can't do anything!  :(

This is really unfortunate. The Google AIY team generously awarded 50 people with both a free vision and voice kit. The kits have now all been shipped which means we sadly don't have any spare kits or parts we can send you. Is there anyway you can replace the camera module yourself?     

Post »

We contacted the Google AIY team by sending them an email to: support-aiyprojects@google.com
They agreed to send a replacement camera. Unfortunately due to the fact that our team is based in Germany, they won't be able to ship the replacement part to us in time (before this contest deadline), although the tax & duty fees need to be paid by us. For those who are based in US, I think you could give it a try if you experience the same camera issue.