MyMiniFactory Mood Lamp competition

Re: MyMiniFactory Mood Lamp competition

Post »

Many good looking contributions here! Here is my take on the competition:
Youtube demonstration

Great project to keep me inside these corona times:)

Post »

Hello,

First, I would like to thank Electromaker for putting this contest on, It has been great for giving me something to do!

I designed my lamp to have adjustable vanes so that the direction of light can be controlled be rotating the vanes. This also helps if the lamp needs to be in a small space then it can be compressed. I also made sure that this would be easily printable by anyone even those who are new to 3d printing an may not have all of their settings dialed in. Another key feature is that it assembles in the same manner as the original lamp so reshooting the instructional video will be a breeze and it reuses the light holder and base design from the original lamp.

Here is a link to my lamp please tell me what you think I would love some input!:  https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d ... nes-116449

Attachments
Lamp render 1 cropped.png
Lamp render 1 cropped.png (231.85 KiB) Viewed 12646 times
lamp render 3.PNG
lamp render 3.PNG (185.28 KiB) Viewed 12646 times
Lamp render 2.png
Lamp render 2.png (226.21 KiB) Viewed 12646 times

Post »

Hi, 
I entered a few designs. I love entering design competitions! They help me learn different design concepts and stretch the boundaries of  my abilities. 

Modern swirling flame lamp
- I was playing around with lofts :) 

Rocket lamp
- I was playing around with patterns and constructing offset planes.

Star projection lamp
- Ive never made a foldable design so I had alot of fun figuring it out :) 

EggShell lamp
- I dont even know to be honest. I was playing around with this idea and dont particularly care for the end result. I figured I would submit it as inspiration to other people.

Origami folding lamp shade
- this one was all about learning print-in-place hinges and fluidity of design :)

If you have any tips for me, I would love to hear them :) 
I am a hobbiest with no prior skill set  and like to learn as I go :)

Post »

It's was really cool challenge with a lot of constraints.
Good luck every one!

Attachments
SHROOM PUB.jpg
SHROOM PUB.jpg (68.41 KiB) Viewed 12640 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (165.86 KiB) Viewed 12640 times

Post »

hartvik-line wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 pm
Many good looking contributions here! Here is my take on the competition:
Youtube demonstration

Great project to keep me inside these corona times:)

I saw this one and I was like WOW!! Its so beautiful and creative! I was wondering though, since its so unique, does it still follow the design specifications? I really really love this design though!!!

Post »

princton-brennan wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:34 pm
Firstly, I wanted to thank you guys for this competition because it's mixing two of my favorite hobbies! By trade & education I'm an electronics engineer, but I fell in love w/ 3D printing about 2 years ago. I've only been modeling for just under a year, but I saw this competition as a means to challenge myself to to get better. 

I actually ended up doing two designs:

Genie Mood Lamp:
[inspiratioin - I thought it would be a fun play on words to make a lamp with a genie. The base is supposed to represent the smoke seen as the genie comes out of the lamp and all of the colors explode as it grows.]
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-117022

Cuttlefish Mood Lamp:
[inspiration - I wanted to play with the idea of animals that can change color as the lamp shade! The angry cuttlefish is inking as it changes colors because cuttlefish usually change color as a defense mechanism.]
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-118191

I love the thought processes behind both designs! Very clever and creative !!

Post »

Post »

first of all thanks for the opportunity to participate in this competition, it is the first time that I participate in a design competition and I hope I have not been wrong in understanding the themes.
I made the lamp by reusing the material I had at home (also because I am not in possession of the Arduino Nano and Neopixels).
I did not limit myself to designing the lamp but also to assembling the lights, the electronic circuitry and the software to control them (always using available material).
I would suggest that anyone wishing to try to print the lamp should use the white color for the stem and the rainbow pla for the shade.
I hope someone likes it
You can find more detailed documentation here a pdf describing how i did it, and here the software and schematic diagram.

Attachments
led holder.jpg
led holder.jpg (138.14 KiB) Viewed 12625 times
lampv2-2.jpg
lampv2-2.jpg (50.26 KiB) Viewed 12625 times
lampv2-1.jpg
lampv2-1.jpg (117.28 KiB) Viewed 12625 times

Post »

Just a thought... 
It would be cool to incorporate Devin Montes' PolyPanels into this kit 🧐 
Ive already designed too many lamps 😅 but I think it would be a cool combination! 

Post »

Renee_Taylor wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:22 am
Just a thought... 
It would be cool to incorporate Devin Montes' PolyPanels into this kit 🧐 
Ive already designed too many lamps 😅 but I think it would be a cool combination! 

This is a great suggestion! For those that are unfamiliar with PolyPanels, check out this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RamWwngvKg