Giantboard issues and feedback

Giantboard issues and feedback

Post »

Hi guys,

Hope you are all managing to become acquainted with your Giant boards. If you have any issues or feedback regarding the boards then please post them here.

Re: Giantboard issues and feedback

Post »

Hi All, I am having a few issues that we are working on thought the Groboards support forum. The symptoms are requiring a battery to fully boot (it should not need that) and the inability to use USB devices. Fortunately most boards appear unaffected. If anyone else is getting stuck in a reboot loop or unable to see any USB device though an OTH cable then please speak up and you may be able to help with identifying the cause of the issue.

Post »

As reported in the email thread and via Groguards forum, I'm not able to boot without a LIPO - I started the thread that supports this and other users with the same issue.

The boards creators solution is to seek a replacement. How do we do that ?

Post »

Unfortunately i have the same issue.
No devices are appearing when using an USB OTG Cable.
I However don't have any booting issues whatsoever, the only thing is that my device is a bit sketchy on the WiFi.

The odd thing is that i am howevere able to detect the device when it is in gadget mode on my PC which woul also require USB to function?

I attachted a dump of the DMESG stuff i saw today when trying to connect a USB stick through a (tested and working) USB OTH cable.

For me this is really a showstopper since my project requires USB.....

* edit : can't seem to attach the image file

Post »

Sooooo, did some more experimenting today.
I got my device (a printer) working but it did need Vbus, so please be aware of that.
I’m not using a USB OTG cable rather i used the + - USB data connections next to the JST connector.
For me this is enough to continue for now, however i coudln’t find any reason why USB OTG is not working.

Wim