Is a Prusa 3D Printer Worth it?

Got an opinion on a printer? Voice it here.

Is a Prusa 3D Printer Worth it?

Post »

I'm in the market for a 3D printer, and considering the Prusa i3 MK3S. At almost $800 USD, it's not cheap. And fully-assembled, it clocks in at $1,000. There's also the Prusa Mini for about $350-400. Is a Prusa 3D printer worth it versus a budget printer from Anet, Creality, or another manufacturer? 

Re: Is a Prusa 3D Printer Worth it?

Post »

Yes, I think it is worth it. Everything just seems to work better on a Prusa because of the build quality. I own both a budget printer (Anycubic i3 Mega) and the Prusa Mk3s and the Prusa is my favourite out of the two. The direct filament feed on the Prusa seems to reduce the number of issues with filament jams and the auto levelling saves time and headaches. That said, the Anycubic i3 Mega is an amazing printer for those on a budget as it performs very well for the price.

Post »

Good stuff! I agree, you might pay premium, but it'll be worth it. I've used my share of budget printers including the Elegoo Neptune and Anet ET4. While cheap 3D printers definitely exist, Prusa quality is top-notch. Definitely worth it, and some of the best printers you can buy. Since you're looking at FDM printers, you'll want either the Prusa MINI or Prusa i3 MK3S. Both are great, and despite its name, the MINI has a fairly respectable build are. 

Post »

I dunno. I'm a bit torn. On the one hand- you'll find spectacular support and great build quality. But the price is way higher than many other printers which do just fine. Personally, I prefer budget and mid-range printers that provide great bang for your buck. But you certainly could do a lot worse than a Prusa, that's for sure. 

Post »

Thanks, y'all! I'm pretty decided on a Prusa. Now just to figure out if I want to get a MINI or i3 MK3S!