How to Make a Raspberry Pi Android TV Box

Seen something interesting on the blog? Post the link here to continue the discussion.

Re: How to Make a Raspberry Pi Android TV Box

Post »

I'm more concerned with the fact that finding a 12A power supply with a compatible connector would be difficult, but the amperage rating is maximum available supply, not how much is pushed regardless of need... So, hypothetically, if a 12A adapter were to exist, it wouldn't break anything.

Post »

I have Found as a Compiler and Custom Rom Builder everyone may approach steps "the same but differently" Getting the source and building usually yields the best result. Although I did try this method and compared to the same build I compiled via github and it ran the same and just fine. The only difference in compiling your own from source is the ability to tweak the kernel just for focus on this. Cheers.

Post »

You write "I loaded up a few of my favorite home theatre PC (HTPC) apps such as Kodi and Plex, and was streaming videos in a few clicks." - can you explain a little more about those few clicks?

Android boots just fine, but then all I can do is open settings. There I switched on 'Unknown sources' in the Security & restrictions menu. When I plug in a USB drive with .apk files, I can see the drive is mounted in Settings > Storage & reset, but I can't get to the .apk files to install them. Is there a file manager hiding somewhere?

Any help would be much appreciated!