Getting Started With GameStation Turbo on Odroid XU4: GameStation Turbo XU4 Installation

Seen something interesting on the blog? Post the link here to continue the discussion.

Getting Started With GameStation Turbo on Odroid XU4: GameStation Turbo XU4 Installation

Post »

Re: Getting Started With GameStation Turbo on Odroid XU4: GameStation Turbo XU4 Installation

Post »

Hi Moe, Thanks for the article. I'm using Windows to prep the SD card with the Gamestation Turbo build, and don't mind the GameStation Turbo OS running on the CARD, but I want to ROMS on my 2TB portable drive. (I'm assuming I can't reliably have it all running on the 2TB?)

Re: Getting Started With GameStation Turbo on Odroid XU4: GameStation Turbo XU4 Installation

Post »

I see the options above to set this external drive using terminal by copying from the SD to the hard drive, but I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same via Windows Explorer since I already have the roms on the hard drive (way more than I have space on an SD card) ? How would I go about doing this? Is there a guide for this or am I just skipping certain terminal commands above? I know the proper folder arrangement for specific roms (homeoddroid oms) etc...., but beyond copying that exact folder format (but am I omitting the home folder or any other?)...what else do I need to do when I first boot the OS (after making the SD card image...I don't need to CP command the roms over to the hard drive in other words, as they will already be there...Thank you!

Post »

Excellent question! Also, note that if you're using a 2TB external harddrive, you'll need this PSU (save $1 with this promo code EMSUPPORTER): https://ameridroid.com/products/5v-6a-power-supply
There are a few ways to go about this. For migrating your OS, this will wipe everything on your drive currently. That's what I did. What you'll probably want to do instead is use the symlink method from above, which will move your /home/odroid/ROMS folder to your connected drive with:
cp -av /home/odroid/ROMS /media/odroid/MyHDD/
Then, delete your folder from the SD or eMMC module:
mv /home/odroid/ROMS{,.bak}
And create your symlink:
ln -sf /media/odroid/MyHDD/ROMS /home/odroid/ROMS
Now, move your games to the proper folders under the /home/odroid/ROMS folder on your HDD. The partition mount should work fine too though!

Post »

Thanks so much! I appreciate you replying. Forgive the n00b question, but am I typing out that verbatim? MyHDD...or replacing that with whatever my drive is mounted as?

Post »

Hi Moe, I am just getting started with the XU4 and having mixed results.
I Trying to get my xu4 to boot gamestation turbo.
Followed instructions, download, 7zip, etcher to 32 gig sd card. With a Win 7 PC.
Plug into xu4, Gamestation boots but get immediate warning that file system root is like 100k in size. I need to resize some partition (not sure which yet) but there is not enough room to load gparted or any other program.
Is gamestation supposed to resize automatically? Card reader program runs and shows free space of 27 gig but do not see how to extend partition.
Any ideas much appreciated..

Ron

Post »

The system should resize automatically on first boot. You might need to restart. If it's not resizing automatically, make sure you don't have a microSD card and eMMC module connected at the same time for instance. https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=34011