Elegoo Mars Review: An Ultra-affordable, High-quality LCD UV Photocuring Printer

Seen something interesting on the blog? Post the link here to continue the discussion.

Elegoo Mars Review: An Ultra-affordable, High-quality LCD UV Photocuring Printer

Post »

Re: Elegoo Mars Review: An Ultra-affordable, High-quality LCD UV Photocuring Printer

Post »

Good review. How bad is the odor if using an Elegoo resin? Like will it stink up my whole house if I don't have a window opened or door to vent out the smell?

Re: Elegoo Mars Review: An Ultra-affordable, High-quality LCD UV Photocuring Printer

Post »

Thanks! Great question. I don't find it too noxious. It's noticeable, but I've yet to come across an odorless 3D printer. The odor is pretty light and dissipates quickly. A window to open is probably ideal, but I've used mine in my home office and it's been fine.

Post »

I'm a bit surprised you're recommending Octoprint as the (one and only) accessoire? In your article you say the printer doesn't have any connectivity and allows only printing from an USB stick - so how would Octoprint then talk to it?

Post »

Nice review - Question that maker torture test rook looks scaled up almost x2... its only meant to be 25mm high. Did you scale it up ? Reason I ask is that I have a Epax X1 and at 25mm height it produces a great print but the lettering at the top is faint

Post »

I'm a noob, but can't you use a Raspberry Pi connected to the USB of the printer to do that?