Asus Tinker Board RetroPie Installation and Getting Started

Seen something interesting on the blog? Post the link here to continue the discussion.

Asus Tinker Board RetroPie Installation and Getting Started

Post »

Re: Asus Tinker Board RetroPie Installation and Getting Started

Post »

Great article. But I'm not clear from this tutorial whether the Tinker Board boots directly into RetroPie after installing, or whether it first boots into Ubuntu/Debian environment and then you have to go ahead and launch RetroPie. Can you clarify, please? Also, which is more stable in your testing, RetroPie or Lakka?

Post »

Great questions! If you just want RetroPie, I'd say use the standalone image. If you're using Debian/Ubuntu, here's an excellent vid with a tutorial for booting straight into RetroPie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4scysjUWyQ

Post »

bulent-yusuf wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:39 pm
Great article. But I'm not clear from this tutorial whether the Tinker Board boots directly into RetroPie after installing, or whether it first boots into Ubuntu/Debian environment and then you have to go ahead and launch RetroPie. Can you clarify, please? Also, which is more stable in your testing, RetroPie or Lakka?
I found ROTT, Lakka, and Batocera equally stable. Personally, Batocera is probably my favorite of those, that and Lakka just plain work. But Slash TV is a great Android TV OS for the Tinker Board that can run Netflix, Plex, and a bunch of other HTPC apps.