Raspbian X Night Hawk

Raspbian X Night Hawk

Post »

I recently tried out Raspbian X Night Hawk on my Raspberry Pi 4. It's a neat Raspbian Linux-based operating system for the Raspberry Pi. Raspbian X Night Hawk is skinned to look like Windows 10, but the real draw is its slew of pre-installed apps. RetroPie comes standard, you'll find the LibreOffice suite, and there's even Steam. Not Steam Link, which runs great on the Pi, but an experimental version of Steam. Coupled with Box86 which lets you run x86 Linux apps on the Pi, you can install a bunch of Linux desktop programs. I was able to get my Steam version of Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse installed and running. 

Overall, I'm really pleased with Raspbian X Night Hawk from Pi Lab. It's really polished, more so than even some distros with large teams behind them. I like the mix of desktop office productivity apps and retro gaming programs. Chromium Media Edition comes standard for streaming from the likes of Netflix, Hulu, and DIsney+. And its various experimental software like Steam truly showcases the potential of the Pi 4 as a desktop. Which Raspberry Pi compatible OSes have you tried out recently?

https://www.electromaker.io/tutorial/bl ... spberry-pi

Re: Raspbian X Night Hawk

Post »

I've been using Windows IoT Core for the past few months. It has an emphasis on security, connectivity, & cloud integration. Unlike some distros, you can’t use it without running Windows 10 on your PC as you need Visual Studio on a Windows 10 setup to work with it.