Contest is complete. Prize winners announced below!
Cash prizes are on the line for the NXP Hackathon 2021. 1st prize is €1,000, 2nd prize is €500, and 3rd prize is €500 as well. Additionally, all participants whose projects are selected will receive free hardware.
For main boards, we've got two kits to give away: The i.MX RT1010 Evaluation Kit and the MIMXRT1020 Evaluation Kit! Check out the videos below for more information.
In addition to the base kits, we’ve got some hardware accessories to give out. These may be used for specific purposes to create various projects. We've got pressure sensors, accelerometers, temperature sensors, motor drivers, light drivers, and precision-timing RTCs.
Please note: The add-on components are not compulsory and you are not required to select one. You can take part in the contest using only the evaluation kits listed above if you wish.
So what can you actually do with an NXP i.MX RT MCU? The potential applications are nearly limitless. Potential use cases for NXP i.MX RT10xx crossover MCU boards with ARM Cortex-M core processors range from industrial IoT (Internet of Things) to medical and smart home applications.
Here are some project ideas...
- Boost your portable electronic applications with the NXP Microcontrollers i.MX RT 1020 MPC17C724 H-bridge motor IC.
- Create a fade-in and fade-out lighting controller with the SPI-compatible serial bus-controlled 24-channel LED driver (RGB or RGBA) PCA9957.
- Develop an i.MX RT application leveraging the features of the low-power consumption Real-Time Clock (RTC) PCF85063.
- Construct a thermal system for either industrial or residential smart home management that would take advantage of the configurable PCT2075 temperature-to-digital converter.
- Develop a motor control taking advantage of the two-channel H-Bridge ICs (MC34933 or MC17C724) to drive either a single two-phase stepper motor or two brushed DC motors.